Monday 23 May 2011

Prototype Presentation & Feedback

Collated all my final concept together so far, ready for presenting. here's how I broke it up;

  • Project Outline (Problem/Solution)
  • Research Visuals
  • Inspiration
  • Overview, Genre
  • Target Audience
  • Themes, Historical Basis
  • Solution
  • Logo
  • Initial Artwork
  • Characters and their role
  • Game Environments
The feedback i received was really helpful, as any problems people had in understanding my concept were areas in which i either needed to still work on, or that I had already looked at, so it was really cool that people were on the same page as me with what I needed to do next. Things like needing to colour environments (which I needed to finish), create low resolution visuals to demonstrate my projects solution (which I needed to begin based off my character and environmental artwork) and also to look into designing a range of promotional items based off my logo that I created (posters, web banners, box artwork, etc.) which I still need to start, but I was waiting until my final artwork was finished so that I could then utilise it in the promotional side of things. 
I also got feedback in other areas of research to look into, such as comparisons of Western and Japanese game markets (as my game is very Japanese, but as a westerner I need to understand the differences in how games are created and marketed in the different regions).
Overall a very good presentation, and the feedback highlighted the areas i've done well in so far, and those I need to add or improve upon.
My nerves may have been shattered up to this presentation, but it was all right in the end.....~phew

No comments:

Post a Comment