Monday 23 May 2011

Finalising Character Artwork

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.205132099496850.55887.100000001852159

(Above is a link to my Facebook album, showing all of my SAVIOR Project work so far)

Finally completed all of my character artworks! Originally wanted to do a lot more than seven, but considering the time-scale i don't think I did too bad at all. I also think that the idea of basing each characters face (except the main character, Benkei's for some reason....lets say its supposed to me) on one of my friends profiles was a great idea, as it not only helped in providing a good reference but also gives each character a very distinguished look. i think overall the characters look good, though one thing that might be a negative thing is how they don't utilise traditional artwork as much as I had originally planned and experimented with. With the main character I experimented with various inks and paints to see what style looked best for him, but as the project progressed I started to run out of time so I had to go for a less stylised look to each character. Its a shame, but i think the appearance of the characters still looks quite unique due to their Japanese style attire combined with my own illustration style, and faces that resemble real-world people.

No comments:

Post a Comment