Monday 23 May 2011

Finalising Environments and looking at In-Game Visuals

http://dangomango.deviantart.com/gallery/29616940

(Above is a link to my DeviantArt page, where ive shown a selection of my SAVIOR Project so far, feedback from the community was received)

After having scanned in all five Environment line art, I took each one into Photoshop and coloured them using the same technique demonstrated in my Benkei colouring tutorial. Certain other methods were used in the case of the 'Salamander Path', as I incorporated an entire layer of stylised orange tone, then changed the blending mode to colour burn to give a harsh effect of flames. I think the end result to all my environments were pleasing, but the visual impact I achieved with the 'Salamander Path' especially i think is the most impressive piece of concept art i have done over the course of this project; it not only looks cool, but the scene it depicts sums up exactly what my game is about.
I think overall, with my Environment concepts, I have visualised successfully what my game world looks like, as well as how it works and interacts with the characters. As is always the case, i would have loved to work on more, but time didn't allow (each piece took at least one day to colour, not including drawing the original line art).

The thing I need to begin developing now, is creating in-game visuals for how the game would look on a handheld device such as a mobile phone or iPhone, etc. I've looked into this, and I need to develop 'sprites' of my characters and some environments, taking these and making them more 2 dimensional to fit into the low resolution style so that they look authentic as working on these platforms.
I don't know how well ill be able to create these sprite artworks, as ive never don it before, but im hoping to at least be able to create two characters and a level.

(an example of in-game sprite artwork)

No comments:

Post a Comment